By the time the first candle on the Advent wreath is lit, it's time to dig out the old family recipe for eggnog. Christmas Eve without eggnog is unthinkable in my family. My friends are also waiting for the annual tasting, which we always celebrate after a cosy Advent walk. I'm happy to share the recipe with you today - try it out and look forward to this delicious, sweet and creamy treat!
1. First beat the yolks and sugar until very frothy.
2. Then add the rum, milk, the alcohol and 3 pots whipped cream.
3. Finally, fold in 2 pots whipped cream.
4. Fill into bottles and store in the refrigerator.
5. Shake the bottle well before drinking.
You can find more about Advent in the Salzburger Sportwelt holiday region here. Of course you can also get good eggs for your egg liqueur here in the Salzburger Sportwelt region. Organic free-range eggs are available at the Wagrainer Hühnerdorf, for example. For more information about the chicken village, click here.