Here’s our family recipe for: fried dumpling with egg.
Preparation: approx. 1 hour
1. Place the dumpling bread in a large bowl.
2. Heat the milk and cream to lukewarm.
3. Add the milk, cream, eggs and seasoning to the mixture and knead thoroughly.
4. Leave to rest for approx. 30 minutes.
5. Form good-sized dumplings with your damp hands: press the dough together firmly and form balls.
6. Boil the bread dumplings in a large saucepan of salted water for approx. 15-20 minutes – according to size. When they rise to the top of the pan, they’re cooked.
7. Take out of the pan, ready.
1. Halve the cooked dumplings and cut into centimetre-thick slices.
2. Heat butter or lard in a frying pan, add the dumplings and fry until golden brown.
3. In the meantime, prepare a fried egg in a separate frying pan.
4. Place the fried dumpling on a plate, place the fried egg on top, season with salt and pepper and garnish with parsley. Ready! A green salad is ideal as a side dish.